Dynamic Beam Optimization
Dynamic Beam Optimization (DBO) provides best in class powder diffraction data by setting new benchmarks in terms of counting statistics and peak-to-background ratio, all without the need for manual instrument reconfiguration.
D8 ADVANCE with DBO
The high-speed energy-dispersive LYNXEYE XE-T detector uniquely combines fast data collection with unprecedented filtering of fluorescence and Kβ radiation. Its proprietary Variable Active Detector Window and the Motorized Anti-Scatter Screen (MASS) enable data collection from lowest 2Th angles without parasitic low-angle background scattering, in particular air scattering. The fully automated MASS retraction avoids beam cropping, even in combination with continuously variable slits that provide superb counting statistics over the whole angular range.
- Superb counting statistics allows for faster data collection and increased sample throughput
- No parasitic low-angle background scattering massively improves data quality of pharma, clay, zeolite and other samples having a large unit cell
- Best peak-to-background enhances sensitivity for minor phases
- Full quantification of crystalline and amorphous phases with DIFFRAC.TOPAS
Motorized Anti-Scatter Screen
Superior data quality with DBO
TRIO – Three in One
The TRIO™ optic is the key component of the D8 ADVANCE Plus, meeting the specific demands on the instrument resolution of the three most commonly used X-ray diffraction geometries in one single optic:
- Divergent beam for conventional powder diffraction (XRPD)
- High intensity parallel beam for capillary experiments, height insensitive measurements, surface sensitive grazing incidence geometry (GID), coating thickness determination (XRR) and micro-diffraction (μXRD)
- Pure Cu-Kα1 parallel beam for high-resolution diffraction (HRXRD) of epitaxial thin films and low symmetry powder samples
D8 ADVANCE Plus with TRIO optics
With full user convenience in mind, the TRIO optic features motorized switching between the three primary beam geometries and fully software-controlled instrument alignment without manual user intervention via unrivalled SmartCalibTM intelligence.
Grazing incidence geometry
DAVINCI Design – uncompromised ease-of-use
The DAVINCI design is the D8 ADVANCE’s landmark as a uniquely modular system. From the X-ray tube, through optics and sample stages all the way to the detectors, any user – even a novice – is capable of changing from one beam geometry to another or exchanging individual components with no trouble at all. Therefore, our D8 ADVANCE offers unparalleled adaptability to any conceivable application in X-ray diffraction.
- Push-button change of TWIN and TRIO optics with software-controlled SmartCalib
- SNAP-LOCK switch to dedicated optics or different wavelengths
- Real-time component recognition and status display
- Smart solutions for sample mounting and positioning making daily work easier
Best Instrument Quality – Guaranteed!
- Lifetime Alignment Guarantee through instrument performance verification with most recent NIST corundum standard SRM 1976
- Solid and maintenance-free goniometer design ensures instrument performance throughout its lifetime
- IQ/OQ procedures for regulated industries such as the pharmaceutical industry
- Detector Guarantee, all detection elements fully working